Neo-Abo Roundtable, Part One - Daniel Vitalis, Arthur Haines, Frank Giglio #119
A special edition of ReWild Yourself podcast! In early autumn, I met up with my friends Arthur Haines and Daniel Vitalis for a roundtable discussion on bioregional living and the modern hunter gatherer lifestyle. Hanging out in Daniel's backyard in Maine, we took a look back on the highlights of this year’s hunting and gathering with a few rants and more than a few laughs mixed in.
In part one of our conversation, we talk bio-regionality, the benefits of inconvenient foods, wild food foraging highlights, land stewardship and more! Enjoy, and stay tuned for part two!
- Daniel shares on:
- Yesterday’s election
- Using a compound bow vs a traditional bow
- ReWilding on a global level and being the change you want to see in the world
- What bio-regionality means to Daniel, Arthur and Frank
- Acorn processing and food convenience
- Wild food highlights of the year
- Frank’s fishing experiences this summer
- But it tastes gamey…
- The loss of a feral temperament
- Arthur’s goal for land stewardship and ReWilding community
- Conservation and protecting human involvement in ecology
- Arthur’s recent foraging highlights
The excerpt above was taken from Daniel Vitalis and the discussion can be listened to HERE.